We held the launch party for the 1st Annual Asheville Furniture Drive yesterday and it was a huge success.
First of all, let me thank Jerrika from WLOS and Brie from Fox Carolina for coming out to cover the event. Phyllis from Divine Living and Ashley from Homeward Bound both had the opportunity to be interviewed and let the community know once again how important the Asheville Furniture Drive is. It not only provides Homeward Bound with furniture to help families transition from homelessness to a home, but it also gives each of our Ambassadors and donors the chance to give back to local families… making a big difference in their lives. Then we are grateful to see so many businesses coming together to make this initiative a success. It just proves again how much we can do together, supporting each other.
So as of right now, we have about 50 pieces of furniture already in the works, and many more expected to come through over the next six weeks thanks to our Ambassadors and the local community folks who will donate.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
- Jim, Ashley and Beth from Homeward Bound of WNC
- Taryn and Debra from Geaux Girl
- Felicia from Open Box Moving
- Shannon from The Bourke Group – Keller Williams
- Tim from Barberitos
- WNC Author Ellen J. Perry
- Katrina from AskAsheville & AskHendersonville
- Chad Whittemore of First Citizens Bank
- Isabel from Asheville Vision Associates
- Janie Guzzo of Designer Windows
- Judy Heard of Upstate Elder Advocates
- Sandra Mueller
- Craig (local builder & investor)
And thanks to several other folks that helped out!